FestivALL Takes Home CVB People's Choice Award
- Pies & Pints, Favorite Restaurant
- Bluegrass Kitchen’s Pickle-brined Fried Chicken, Favorite Dish
- Rock City Cake Company, Favorite Dessert Shop
- South Hills Market’s Howard White, Favorite Bartender
- Charleston Marriott Town Center, Favorite Lodging
- Capitol Market, Favorite Attraction
- Kin Ship Goods, Favorite Retail Store
- FestivALL, Favorite Event
- Bob Thompson, Favorite Performance Artist/Band
- Empty Glass Café, Favorite Music Venue
- Live on the Levee, Favorite Family Activity
- Jamie Miller, Favorite Visual Artist
The CVB also recognized frontline employees in the hotel and restaurant industry who were nominated by their employers and colleagues as individuals who go the extra mile in the workplace. The best restaurant employee award is now named in honor of longtime Charleston restaurant employee Dana Hammond, who passed away earlier this year.
- Dana Hammond Best Restaurant Employee: Tracy Abdalla, Adelphia Bar & Grill
- Best Hotel Employee: James Whitsett, Holiday Inn Express Civic Center
The Frontline Ambassador Award was presented to Mallory Richards. An employee of FestivALL, Richards is a tireless and cheerful promoter of Charleston and its events.
Annually, tourism has a $550 million economic impact supporting 4400 jobs and generating $45 million in taxes in the Kanawha Valley. From 2013 through 2018, Charleston, West Virginia, will have enjoyed more than $200 million in public and private tourism infrastructure investments, including riverfront amphitheater renovations and new and remodeled hotels.