Submissions open for FestivALL "Location, Location, Location" Site Plays
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 3/24/16
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!
SITE SPECIFIC PLAY WRITING COMPETITION
The Attorney’s Conference Room Play
FestivALL, will continue the long standing tradition of offering West Virginia writers a unique opportunity to display their skills These short plays challenge the writer by confining the scenes to a predetermined locality and assigning the first line of dialogue. This year’s location is the Romano law offices conference room at 230 Capitol Street, Suite 200. The winning plays will be presented at the location during FestivALL. Audiences are always delighted to see this unique event. Past locations include the Charleston Trolley, a beauty salon, an art gallery and a riverboat among others. Larry Groce, former FestivALL Director, noted, "The location Plays have been a FestivALL highlight for years. They are little gems delivering the essence of theater in a bite-sized bits. Frieda Forsley carries on the tradition proudly."
- The plays must incorporate the facility
- Only West Virginia writers are eligible
- First line of the play must be “That was (is) interesting.”
- Plays must have at least three and no more than six characters
- The runtime of the play must be between ten and fifteen minutes
- Play must be appropriate for all ages
- Plays may not have been previously produced
- Collaborations and multiple submissions are welcomed
- Plays must be typewritten and mailed to 1024 Red Oak Street or emailed in Word or PDF format to email@example.com.Plays and be received by May 10, 2016
- First Place winner will receive a $100 honorarium; Second Place will receive a $50 honorarium.
The plays will be read and judged by out of state judges who will consider, among other things, creative use of the space and originality.
For more information call (304) 552-4174 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Romano and Associates Conference Room
Site of FestivALL’s Location Plays