APPLY HERE: Deadline March 28
FestivALL is seeking a proven collaborative leader with an authentic commitment to promoting and enriching arts and entertainment opportunities in Charleston, West Virginia to serve as the organization’s Executive Director. Candidates for this position should possess demonstrated leadership experience with excellent communication, fundraising, management and organizational skills and a passion for the arts.
Partnering with over 90 arts and community organizations and hundreds of local, regional, national and international artists each year, FestivALL, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is considered a premiere arts collaborator of Charleston, West Virginia. FestivALL’s mission is to create, produce and present vibrant arts experiences and entertainment opportunities and serve as a catalyst for others in the community to do the same. FestivALL is most widely known for its 10-day June FestivALL, but engages in other events and programming throughout the year, including FestivALL Fall, FestivALL preview events, a monthly speaker series called Three Things, and the Neighborhood Arts Initiative, an extensive outreach and education program. Each year FestivALL includes over 100 events, and 300 performances and exhibitions from music, theatre, dance, visual art, humanities and more, many of which are produced by partner organizations and presented as part of the FestivALL lineup. Events take place in over 40 indoor and outdoor venues and many are free or low cost to the public.
- Oversee communication and implementation of the organization's mission and vision
- Supervise and manage of the day-to-day operation of the organization
- Report to and work collaboratively with the Board of Directors to achieve the organization’s mission and be responsible for managing the activities and resources of the Board
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff
- Oversee production and organization of events
- Facilitate and manage grants and donor relations
- Strategically work with sponsors and community partners
- Connect partners, sponsors, organizations, and the general public to FestivALL’s programs and events
- Establish and enhance sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations
- Develop and maintain sound financial practices
- Ensure that the organization operate within budget guidelines.
- Lead and support a committed staff with a shared vision and sense of purpose, creating ongoing opportunities for learning, growth, and creativity
- Strong commitment to promoting and enriching arts and entertainment opportunities in Charleston, West Virginia
- Superior public speaking and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Leadership ability in strategizing, fundraising, and coalition building
- Ability and interest in representing the organization in public settings and with diverse groups, including public speaking
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent non-profit management and/or leadership experience may be considered
- Successful fundraising and development experience and/or enthusiasm for developing expertise in fundraising and development
- Grant-writing experience preferred
- Working knowledge of human resources, organizational financial reports and best practices in non-profit management and governance
- Experience working with board of directors, local government agencies, arts groups and/or community organizations preferred
This is a full time, salaried position which requires intermittent evening and weekend work, particularly during FestivALL events.
Qualified applicants may apply by submitting a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations via Indeed by March 28.
FestivALL is an equal opportunity employer.