FestivALL is seeking a proven collaborative leader with an authentic commitment to promoting and enriching arts and entertainment opportunities in Charleston, West Virginia to serve as our organization’s next Executive Director.
The Executive Director oversees the day-to-day operations of the organization and reports to the President of the FestivALL Board of Directors. Responsible for effective management and operations of FestivALL. Primary duties will involve, but not be limited to, planning, staffing, financial, and public and constituent relations. The Director is also responsible for providing leadership and oversight for the organization. The application deadline for this position is Monday, January 31st.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Board of Directors
Amount of Travel Required: Occasional
Schedule: Based on operations; Includes weekends & evenings
The Executive Director oversees the day-to-day operations of the organization and reports to the President of the FestivALL Board of Directors. Responsible for effective management and operations of FestivALL. Primary duties will involve, but not be limited to, planning, staffing, financial, and public and constituent relations. The Director is also responsible for providing leadership and oversight for the organization.
DUTIES OF FESTIVALL’S EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
I. General Management
a. Human Resources: Manage FestivALL’s employees, interns and project contractors, as well as volunteers as appropriate
b. Financial: Prepare annual budget for review by Treasurer and for Board approval; direct and oversee all bookkeeping duties, including payroll and payment of invoices
c. Event Planning and Execution: Develop programming strategies; maintain, strengthen, and grow community partnerships, identify and contract with talent, secure venues, coordinate lodging and technical needs; oversee ticketing for events
d. Board of Directors, Committees and Subcommittees:
i. Make regular reports to Board of Directors, including but not limited to Budget, Marketing and Programming reports
ii. Chair Staff Committee meetings and subcommittees including: Productions, specific event committees, Neighborhood Arts, Initiative, volunteers, interns, merchandise sales
iii. Manage, convene and coordinate Board Subcommittees with Board Chairs (Development, Finance, Communications and Programming)
e. Strategic Planning
i. Work with the Board of Directors to periodically update the strategic plan.
ii. Monitor the strategic plan and report progress to the Board of Directors.
I. Marketing Management
a. Act as the official spokesperson with assistance as appropriate.
b. Oversee the development and coordination of media partnerships
c. Oversee the tracking and compilation of attendance records and statistics, including marketing outcomes, conduct event surveys, and evaluate results
d. Oversee the development of print materials.
e. Oversee web development, content, and social media.
II. Development and Fund Raising
a. Communicate with and develop potential sponsors, coordinate details, and implement agreements
b. Manage Friends of FestivALL
c. Manage grant writing and completion of related projects and documents
d. Oversee the maintenance of a database of FestivALL giving
e. Secure Neighborhood Investment Tax Credits
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (four year college or university)
Experience: Four to ten years related experience
Computer Skills: Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc…). Database management software.
Requirements Excellent written and verbal presentation skills; strong management and leadership ability, including effective supervision of staff; accountability for resource management and deadlines; high level of self motivation; a strong team player who works well in a collaborative environment; strong planning skills; and an interest in and understanding of the performing, visual, and creative arts.
• Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
• Coaching and Development – Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
• Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Delegating Responsibility – Ability to allocate authority and/or task responsibility to appropriate people.
• Energetic – Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
• Friendly – Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
• Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
• Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
• Management Skills – Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
• Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Presentation Skills – Ability to effectively present information publicly.
• Patience – Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
• Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee and visitor safety.
• Self-Confident – The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
• Tactful – Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
• Team Builder – Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Manually Manipulate O
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder F
Squat or Kneel F
10 lbs or less F
11-20 lbs F
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
100 lbs N
12 lbs or less F
13-25 lbs O
26-40 lbs N
41-100 lbs N
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.